Benefits of Massage & Wholistic Treatments
Massage Therapy and wholistic modalities go hand in hand. Massage is a great base modality to which other practices can be added either by the therapist or by seeing a regular number of professions. An example would be using Massage Therapy and, Chiropractors, Nutritional Consultants, Naturopathic Doctors, Acupuncturists, Aromatherpists and other body work professions such as Bowen, Trager, Rolfing and or energy work such as Polarity or Reiki. They offer a more natural and drug free alternative and when used together treat the mind, body and spirit. Either as a stand alone or in combination Massage Therapy and other modalities have great benefits.
Massage Therapy Benefits
- Massage Therapy can range from relaxation to medical based for injury.
- Enhances general relaxation
- Reduces muscular tension and associated discomfort
- Relaxes tight muscles, and relieves aches and stiffness
- Reduces anxiety, and improves sleep
- Enhances tissue elasticity, and flexibility
- Increases range of motion in joints
- Speeds up recovery from exercise
- Promotes well nourished healthy skin
- Improves blood and lymph circulation
- Aids in flushing toxins from the body
- Improves immune system functioning
- Improves energy flow and sense of well-being
- Provides unconditional and healthy quality of touch
- Awakens the body, mind, and spirit
- And it feels great!
Benefits of Wholistic Treatments
Treatments using wholistic modalities tend to treat the whole person. They use natural methods which are often times non-intrusive to the client.
These modalities are complementary to massage treatments and may enhance the overall treatment effect. Many times conditions are a result of imbalances and when treating holistically, those issues can be addressed more fully.