Why Join MTWPAM?
In Nova Scotia, we are one of 3 active and government-approved professional associations that a massage therapist can choose from. There are several groups for wholistic practitioners based upon their area of expertise and trained modalities.
- MTWPAM is a 100% volunteer-operated non-profit society recognized by municipal, provincial and federal governments.
- Our Board of Directors are all active therapists in their community.
- We do not employ companies to operate our membership activities or serve as executives on our Society Board of Directors.
the benefits of belonging to MTWPAM INCLUDE:
- Ease of Registration and Renewal with our online processes:
- Send required documents electronically, make payments, print your membership, and track your CEUs.
- Customize a public profile and review your account information on the website.
- Streamlined and quick AGM registration, account renewals, surveys and polls.
- You can log into your membership portal anytime or use our Mobile App.
- Registered Massage Therapists gain access to Direct Billing privileges with Blue Cross, Telus Health, and most major extended health benefits insurance providers (the same as with other government-approved associations in the province).
- Professional and flexible framework for CEUs, First Aid, and Liability Insurance thereby instilling public confidence and trust that members are professionally trained and up-to-date in their respective modalities.
- CEUs can be obtained at any point within a three year cycle (Each cycle runs from January 01st through to December 31st).
- Sense of fellowship and community with other health service providers.
- We are small and more accessible to our members.
- To urgent and time-sensitive matters you can expect a response within 24 hours.
- Access t0 Job Board, Marketplace and Community Forums.
- Members enjoy corporate rates or discounts with several businesses and we are always seeking new ways to be of benefit to our community.
- FEES are competitive and lower than other associations. We strive to keep costs low so that you can focus on other areas important to you as a professional therapist.
- We do not charge activation or application fees.
- You choose your own insurance provider as you may have special needs beyond the minimum required liability coverage of 2 million dollars.
- We offer flexible payment options such as PayPal and eTransfer -- and can set up Payment Plans where necessary.